The purpose of this session is to encourage discussion among the participants around the challenges that currently arise in the field of education. The session aims to become a meeting place where the latest breakthroughs in educational research and some innovative proposals that indicate the trends of transformation and improvement predominant in the educational world are presented and analysed.
The session will be developed under the modality of “PechaKucha”.
- Presentations will be held that trigger reflection and discussion in a synthetic way through 20 images shown for 20 seconds each. The objective is to focus the attention of the participants in a creative and striking way on the most nuclear aspects of the projects and proposals submitted.
- Afterwards, an open space for debate will be opened among all the participants, aimed at linking, analysing and complementing the ideas presented, identifying those common nuclei that discern future ways of progress in different educational contexts.
- First part
40 minutes: 6-minute presentations following the “PechaKucha” methodology.
- Second part
15 minutes: Open debate.
The themes that will be addressed in the session are organised around four thematic areas:
FIELD 1: «EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM, TEACHER TRAINING AND THE KNOWLEDGE SOCIETY»
- Education 2020: Quality of education or quality education?
- New professional identities and teaching cultures in the knowledge society
- Innovative teaching methodologies in Higher Education… a lot of innovation and little change
- Teacher training and innovation from gender equality
- Initial training and teacher development
FIELD 2: «EQUALITY, WELFARE AND INCLUSION»
- Horizons: Social Justice and Global Justice
- Research methodologies for change, transformation and the society in the digital network
- Hybridisations, transitions, transformations, ruptures and losses
FIELD 3: «LEARNING ENVIRONMENTS PROMOTED BY TECHNOLOGY»
- Online training, MOOC
- Feedback/automatic training
- The use of data: analytics, open data, ethical aspects
- Technologies and self-regulation of learning
- Blockchain and training
FIELD 4: «EDUCATION AND LEARNING CONTEXTS»
- Subjectivity and learning
- Identity and learning
- Activity contexts and learning paths
- Professional learning, practical knowledge and collaborative reflection
- Teaching and learning in connected contexts: Innovation and research
Extension of communications delivery:
- Until September 6, 2019
Evaluation of communications:
- Until October 1, 2019.
Presentation of accepted communications in the conference:
- November 4-5, 2019.
- You can send whatever scientific study that is included within the thematic lines of the conference: see thematic lines. However, both the acceptance of the study and the final decision on a specific line lies with the Scientific Committee.
- Two types of submissions will be accepted: (i) Research work/reports and (ii) Experience or intervention proposals.
- The submissions to the Conference will be studies of an unpublished scientific or professional nature and original ones not presented to any journal, congress or similar.
- Templates will be provided that will be used to send the proposal (title, summary, keywords, development).
- At least one of the authors of the communications must be registered in the conference once their proposal is accepted (in the case that the work submitted is not accepted, the author can request the refund of the registration fee).
- Each registered author may submit a maximum of two papers.
- For each communication, as many certificates of the submission of papers as authors registered will be given.
- A submission certificate will not be given to those papers that are not presented during the holding of the session, on the date and time given.
Once the conference ends, and within a maximum of 60 days, the Minutes Book with ISBN will be accessible via the conference website.
- Send complete text of each communication with the title, authors, keywords, summary and development of the proposal following the “rules of the publication” (see template).
- Communications that are not presented with this template will not be accepted.
- You can use any of the conference languages (Catalan, Spanish, English and Portuguese).
- The speakers will have a maximum of 6 minutes and 40 seconds for the presentation of their work.
- The presentations will follow the “PechaKucha” format. Twenty images will be presented, illustrating the main aspects of the proposal, for a period of 20 seconds for each one of them.
- Once all the presentations are finished, 15 minutes will be allocated for the debate and open exchange of ideas among the participants.
- The presentations will be made in classrooms equipped with a computer, a projector and an Internet connection.
- A publication of the conference proceedings will be created.