The AQR welcomes papers for the 4th Geography of Innovation Conference
The call for papers for the 4th Geography of Innovation Conference, organised by the AQR research group and the University of Barcelona, in partnership with EUROLIO is now open. All submissions, regular and special sessions, must be written in English and be made electronically on the conference website. Both full papers and extended abstracts are welcomed, but they must be at least three-page long.
Contributions relating, but not limited, to the following topics are welcome: eco-innovation and sustainability, creative class and urban development, entrepreneurship, innovation and regional development, university-industry relations, globalisation of innovation and knowledge, geography of science, social innovation and inclusive growth, urban agglomerations, externalities and innovation, social capital, institutions and innovation, economic development, growth and innovation, spatial dynamics of innovation networks, technology and innovation policies.
The 4th Geography of Innovation Conference provides a forum for discussion to scholars interested in scientific, policy and strategic issues concerning the spatial dimension of innovation activities. It will take place in Barcelona, from January 31st to February 2nd, 2018. the main objective of this event is to bring together some of the world’s leading thinkers from a variety of disciplines ranging from economic geography and regional science, economics and management science, sociology and network theory, and political and planning sciences.
Deadline: September 10th, 2017. More information HERE.
- University of Barcelona improves positions in two important international rankings
- Four TA scholarships awarded to MSc and PhD students in Economics for their outstanding records
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie ITN Actions proposal-writing workshop at the Faculty of Economics and Business
- Chair of Energy Sustainability to conduct research on energy efficiency in collaboration with Catalan Energy Institute
- Newly created research institute BEAT to hold launch event on October 25th
- PhD student Mariona Mas awarded funding for doctoral research on behavioural responses to wealth taxation
- UB School of Economics to host workshop on historical political economy and gender politics
- Meet the MSc in Economics fresher class of 2017/18
- Faculty of Economics and Business announces five new Job Market hires