Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona ranks among the best schools for economics
The Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona has been ranked among the world’s best schools for Economics according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017. The centre to which the UB School of Economics belongs has been ranked the 135th best school that specialises in Social Sciences and Management in the world. This puts our institution 54th in Europe.
The Faculty of Economics and Business also features in rankings for its excellence in specific subjects, such as Economics & Econometrics, Accounting & Finance and Statistics & Operational Research. In the last case, the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona is the only Spanish higher education institution among the top 100 in the world, after having jumped from the 101-150 to the 51-100 band in one year.
Regarding Economics & Econometrics and Accounting & Finance, the University of Barcelona has maintained its ranking among the world’s top 150 higher educations centres. This puts the Faculty of Economics and Business among the top five schools for Economics & Econometrics and the top three schools for Accounting & Finance in Spain.
The QS World University Rankings by Subject ranks the world’s top universities in individual subject areas. Each of the subject rankings is compiled using four sources. The first two are global surveys of academics and employers. The second two indicators assess research impact, based on research citations sourced from Elsevier’s Scopus database. These four components are combined to produce the results for each of the subject rankings.
- Two PhD students at the UB School of Economics awarded SEBAP researcher mobility grants
- UB School of Economics to participate in Barcelona's international postgraduate fair “Futura”
- Registration for workshop on ‘Unemployment and Labor Market Policies’ at the Faculty of Economics and Business is now open
- Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona ranks among the best schools for economics
- Explore the basics of machine learning with MATLAB at the Faculty of Economics and Business
- Job opportunities knock at the Faculty of Economics and Business next Tuesday
- Fellowship opportunities at ERC-funded Institutions and Political Economy Research Group
- Postdoctoral position in Public Economics, Urban Economics, Applied Microeconomics available at UB School of Economics
- UB School of Economics to offer Erasmus exchange opportunities with University of Paris-Saclay