Research assistant position opportunity at the Institutions and Political Economy Research Group
The Institutions and Political Economy Research Group (IPERG) at the Universitat de Barcelona School of Economics seeks one research assistant on comparative politics for the 2017-18 academic year. This position is linked to a European Research Council-financed five-year research project on a cross-national historical comparison of electoral systems, electoral behaviour and party systems in advanced democracies. The principal investigator is the UB School of Economics researcher and Robert Garrett Professor at Princeton University Carles Boix.
The research assistant will pursue research and contribute to the intellectual life of the group. This position is aimed at young political scientists, historians, sociologists or economists. It will have a duration of 1 year with a possible one year renewal for two consecutive years.
The research program is focused on the emergence of mass parties, the choice of electoral institutions, and the final crystallization of different party systems in Europe and North America during the transition to mass democracy (1850-1940). The project will combine innovative statistical, historical and geocoding techniques to explain the formation of diverse party systems as the outcome of political choices made at particular critical junctures that involved the creation of nonsocialist and socialist parties, the mobilisation of their corresponding electorates, and the strategic response of political elites.
More information HERE.
- Meet the MSc in Economics fresher class of 2017/18
- Faculty of Economics and Business announces five new Job Market hires
- UB School of Economics researcher Amedeo Piolatto awarded a Ramon y Cajal postdoctoral senior grant
- University of Barcelona announces 77 Erasmus+ grants for teaching staff
- MSc in Economics adds dimension of internationalisation to its accreditation of excellence
- 3rd Catalan Congress of Economy and Business welcomes papers addressing equitable and efficient models
- Two Serra Húnter positions available in the Department of Economics
- Latest MSc in Economics theses available through the UB Digital Repository
- The Barcelona Economics Analysis Team created within the UB School of Economics