Research assistant position opportunity at the Institutions and Political Economy Research Group
The Institutions and Political Economy Research Group (IPERG) at the Universitat de Barcelona School of Economics seeks one research assistant on comparative politics for the 2017-18 academic year. This position is linked to a European Research Council-financed five-year research project on a cross-national historical comparison of electoral systems, electoral behaviour and party systems in advanced democracies. The principal investigator is the UB School of Economics researcher and Robert Garrett Professor at Princeton University Carles Boix.
The research assistant will pursue research and contribute to the intellectual life of the group. This position is aimed at young political scientists, historians, sociologists or economists. It will have a duration of 1 year with a possible one year renewal for two consecutive years.
The research program is focused on the emergence of mass parties, the choice of electoral institutions, and the final crystallization of different party systems in Europe and North America during the transition to mass democracy (1850-1940). The project will combine innovative statistical, historical and geocoding techniques to explain the formation of diverse party systems as the outcome of political choices made at particular critical junctures that involved the creation of nonsocialist and socialist parties, the mobilisation of their corresponding electorates, and the strategic response of political elites.
More information HERE.
- Four Teaching Assistant scholarships available for new MSc and PhD students in Economics
- Open call for papers for the IX Workshop on Economics of Education
- UB School of Economics research shows that bilingualism at school increases the returns to schooling
- XXXIII Jornadas de Economía Industrial invites the submission of papers
- David Castells-Quintana and Maria Sánchez Vidal receive prize for outstanding PhD research in Economics
- Four PhD students at the UB School of Economics awarded SEBAP mobility grants
- UB School of Economics at the Futura Master’s and Post-graduate Exhibition 2018
- Two projects led by UB School of Economics researchers awarded RecerCaixa grants
- UB School of Economics researcher Francesc Amat wins fellowship to continue his research at IPERG