Research assistant position opportunity at the Institutions and Political Economy Research Group
The Institutions and Political Economy Research Group (IPERG) at the Universitat de Barcelona School of Economics seeks one research assistant on comparative politics for the 2017-18 academic year. This position is linked to a European Research Council-financed five-year research project on a cross-national historical comparison of electoral systems, electoral behaviour and party systems in advanced democracies. The principal investigator is the UB School of Economics researcher and Robert Garrett Professor at Princeton University Carles Boix.
The research assistant will pursue research and contribute to the intellectual life of the group. This position is aimed at young political scientists, historians, sociologists or economists. It will have a duration of 1 year with a possible one year renewal for two consecutive years.
The research program is focused on the emergence of mass parties, the choice of electoral institutions, and the final crystallization of different party systems in Europe and North America during the transition to mass democracy (1850-1940). The project will combine innovative statistical, historical and geocoding techniques to explain the formation of diverse party systems as the outcome of political choices made at particular critical junctures that involved the creation of nonsocialist and socialist parties, the mobilisation of their corresponding electorates, and the strategic response of political elites.
More information HERE.
- UB School of Economics hosts the first Kapuscinski Development Lecture at the University of Barcelona
- Big Data for Economics to be addressed by Prof. Arthur Charpentier at 2018 Summer School
- Submit your application for postgraduate study at the UB School of Economics
- UB School of Economics researchers confirm large inequalities in carbon mobility emissions in Barcelona
- 4th Geography of Innovation Conference to gather over 300 participants in Barcelona
- UB School of Economics highlights of 2017: Recap of a great year!
- IEB invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 5th Workshop on Urban Economics
- Applications open for Post-Doctoral positions in Economics
- University of Paris-Saclay, University of Amsterdam and Catholic University of Milan announced as new Erasmus+ destinations for 2018/19