Research assistant position opportunity at the Institutions and Political Economy Research Group
The Institutions and Political Economy Research Group (IPERG) at the Universitat de Barcelona School of Economics seeks one research assistant on comparative politics for the 2017-18 academic year. This position is linked to a European Research Council-financed five-year research project on a cross-national historical comparison of electoral systems, electoral behaviour and party systems in advanced democracies. The principal investigator is the UB School of Economics researcher and Robert Garrett Professor at Princeton University Carles Boix.
The research assistant will pursue research and contribute to the intellectual life of the group. This position is aimed at young political scientists, historians, sociologists or economists. It will have a duration of 1 year with a possible one year renewal for two consecutive years.
The research program is focused on the emergence of mass parties, the choice of electoral institutions, and the final crystallization of different party systems in Europe and North America during the transition to mass democracy (1850-1940). The project will combine innovative statistical, historical and geocoding techniques to explain the formation of diverse party systems as the outcome of political choices made at particular critical junctures that involved the creation of nonsocialist and socialist parties, the mobilisation of their corresponding electorates, and the strategic response of political elites.
More information HERE.
- Applications open for Post-Doctoral positions in Economics
- University of Paris-Saclay, University of Amsterdam and Catholic University of Milan announced as new Erasmus+ destinations for 2018/19
- MSc in Economics graduates of 2017 go on to do a PhD or take up positions in internationally renowned firms
- University of Barcelona stands out among the top 50 universities worldwide in scientific performance
- PhD graduates of 2016/17 find placements in academia and industry soon after their thesis defence
- Job Market candidates list for 2017/18 is now available on School of Economics website
- MSc in Economics student Gerard Domènech awarded Masters of Excellence grant from Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation
- Applications for graduate programme in Economics to open on November 1st 2017
- University of Barcelona improves positions in two important international rankings