Research assistant position opportunity at the Institutions and Political Economy Research Group
The Institutions and Political Economy Research Group (IPERG) at the Universitat de Barcelona School of Economics seeks one research assistant on comparative politics for the 2017-18 academic year. This position is linked to a European Research Council-financed five-year research project on a cross-national historical comparison of electoral systems, electoral behaviour and party systems in advanced democracies. The principal investigator is the UB School of Economics researcher and Robert Garrett Professor at Princeton University Carles Boix.
The research assistant will pursue research and contribute to the intellectual life of the group. This position is aimed at young political scientists, historians, sociologists or economists. It will have a duration of 1 year with a possible one year renewal for two consecutive years.
The research program is focused on the emergence of mass parties, the choice of electoral institutions, and the final crystallization of different party systems in Europe and North America during the transition to mass democracy (1850-1940). The project will combine innovative statistical, historical and geocoding techniques to explain the formation of diverse party systems as the outcome of political choices made at particular critical junctures that involved the creation of nonsocialist and socialist parties, the mobilisation of their corresponding electorates, and the strategic response of political elites.
More information HERE.
- Careers Month at UB School of Economics closes 2017 edition with great success
- The University of Barcelona climbs eight places in the Leiden Ranking for Social Sciences
- Last round of applications to the PhD in Economics is now open and accepting submissions until June 15th
- IEB offers scholarships to students entering the PhD programme in Economics in 2017
- AQR welcomes proposals for special sessions for Geography of Innovation Conference in Barcelona
- Funding available for new students joining the MSc in Economics through two teaching assistantships
- “Working at the University of Barcelona was one of my wishes when I decided to pursue an academic career”
- Deadline for Milan-Barcelona 2017 Summer School on “Attractive Cities” approaching
- The Faculty of Economics and Business to welcome 200 researchers for the ITEA Annual Conference and School on Transportation Economics