Two Post-Doctoral fellowships available at the Institutions and Political Economy Research Group at the UB
The Institutions and Political Economy Research Group (IPERG) at the University of Barcelona seeks to fill up to two Post-Doctoral fellowships on comparative politics linked to a European Research Council-financed five-year research project on a cross-national historical comparison of electoral systems, electoral behaviour and party systems in advanced democracies. The Principal Investigator is Professor Carles Boix and includes scientific collaboration with major centres of research in Europe and the United States.
More specifically, IPERG is looking for young political scientists, historians, sociologists or economists – preferably with strong quantitative skills. The candidates must be in possession of the PhD by the time they start working at the research group.
The position will have a duration of one year, with a possible one-year renewal for two consecutive years. The starting date is September 15th, 2019, or earlier if agreed by the admitted fellow and the principal investigator. The annual stipend will be of €34.000-37.500, depending on the researcher’s qualifications.
The research programme is focused on the emergence of mass parties, the choice of electoral institutions, and the final crystallization of different party systems in Europe and North America during the transition to mass democracy (1850-1940). The project combines innovative statistical, historical and geocoding techniques to explain the formation of diverse party systems as the outcome of political choices made at particular critical junctures that involved the creation of nonsocialist and socialist parties, the mobilization of their corresponding electorates, and the strategic response of political elites.
Candidates should submit a cover letter, CV, a three-to-five page description of their research accomplishments and interests, one paper and the name of two references. For full consideration, all applications should be submitted by January 8th, 2019. However, applications will continue to be reviewed until positions are filled.
More information HERE.
- Faculty of Economics and Business at the UB ranked one of the best for Social Sciences & Management
- Montserrat Guillén and Alfonso Herranz win two ICREA Academia Awards
- Summer School will unravel the effects of market rivalry on growth with Duke and Barcelona professors
- IEB invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 8th Workshops on Public Economics and Political Economy
- MSc in Economics to offer Erasmus+ exchange opportunities with the Kyoto University from 2019/20
- Job market candidates from 2017/18 hold academic and research positions at institutions in Europe and America
- Former UB School of Economics researcher Marta Curto awarded prize for Best Journal Article
- Faculty of Economics and Business at the UB invites applications for four Post-Doctoral positions
- Two Post-Doctoral fellowships available at the Institutions and Political Economy Research Group at the UB