University of Barcelona announces 77 Erasmus+ grants for teaching staff
The University of Barcelona has announced up to 77 Erasmus+ grants for teaching staff for the academic year 2017-2018. The main aim of this funding is to support teaching periods at higher education institutions abroad that have signed a mobility agreement with the Faculty to which the applicant belongs. In the case of the Faculty of Economics and Business, there are 63 agreements in place with universities from 17 different European countries.
The maximum duration of the teaching period abroad is one week (five working days) until September 30th, 2017. The teaching activity must comprise a minimum of 8 hours per week of actual teaching time. Candidates must be EU nationals or permanent residents. There will need to be a contractual commitment between the candidate and the University of Barcelona when he or she applies and while he or she is teaching at the education institution abroad. Finally, the candidate needs to be accepted by host institution.
For nearly 30 years, the EU has funded the Erasmus programme, which has enabled over three million European students to spend part of their studies at another higher education institution or with an organisation in Europe. With Erasmus+, opportunities are available to spend time teaching at an education institution abroad. Erasmus+ also brings such opportunities to students, trainees, teachers, volunteers and more.
Deadline: October 4th, 2017. More information HERE.
- Applications open for Post-Doctoral positions in Economics
- University of Paris-Saclay, University of Amsterdam and Catholic University of Milan announced as new Erasmus+ destinations for 2018/19
- MSc in Economics graduates of 2017 go on to do a PhD or take up positions in internationally renowned firms
- University of Barcelona stands out among the top 50 universities worldwide in scientific performance
- PhD graduates of 2016/17 find placements in academia and industry soon after their thesis defence
- Job Market candidates list for 2017/18 is now available on School of Economics website
- MSc in Economics student Gerard Domènech awarded Masters of Excellence grant from Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation
- Applications for graduate programme in Economics to open on November 1st 2017
- University of Barcelona improves positions in two important international rankings