University of Barcelona announces 77 Erasmus+ grants for teaching staff
The University of Barcelona has announced up to 77 Erasmus+ grants for teaching staff for the academic year 2017-2018. The main aim of this funding is to support teaching periods at higher education institutions abroad that have signed a mobility agreement with the Faculty to which the applicant belongs. In the case of the Faculty of Economics and Business, there are 63 agreements in place with universities from 17 different European countries.
The maximum duration of the teaching period abroad is one week (five working days) until September 30th, 2017. The teaching activity must comprise a minimum of 8 hours per week of actual teaching time. Candidates must be EU nationals or permanent residents. There will need to be a contractual commitment between the candidate and the University of Barcelona when he or she applies and while he or she is teaching at the education institution abroad. Finally, the candidate needs to be accepted by host institution.
For nearly 30 years, the EU has funded the Erasmus programme, which has enabled over three million European students to spend part of their studies at another higher education institution or with an organisation in Europe. With Erasmus+, opportunities are available to spend time teaching at an education institution abroad. Erasmus+ also brings such opportunities to students, trainees, teachers, volunteers and more.
Deadline: October 4th, 2017. More information HERE.
- Call for papers for the 3rd Meeting on Transport Economics and Infrastructure is now open
- “Most of the research can’t be done by universities because we can’t access the data”
- AQR-IREA invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 2018 Barcelona Workshop on Regional and Urban Economics
- UB School of Economics research shows that high trade costs have historically hindered inter-regional trade in South America
- Faculty of Economics and Business ranked among the world’s top 3% economic institutions
- UB School of Economics researchers receive best paper award for their research on semi-autonomous vehicle insurance at 31st International Congress of Actuaries
- UB School of Economics to host the XXXIII Jornadas de Economía Industrial in September
- Four Teaching Assistant scholarships available for new MSc and PhD students in Economics
- Open call for papers for the IX Workshop on Economics of Education