Barcelona Economics Analysis Team announces new scholarships to support PhD studies
The Barcelona Economics Analysis Team (BEAT) has recently announced new three-year PhD scholarships for full-time students at the UB School of Economics beginning in September 2019.
The successful candidates will develop their doctoral research under a BEAT’s project which investigates the interaction between intergenerational transfers, altruism and public policy.
Successful applicants will be expected to teach Microeconomics and Macroeconomics at undergraduate level within the Department of Economics at the University of Barcelona.
These scholarships will cover the PhD tuition fees, travel grants for conferences and a minimum gross stipend of €14,700 per annum.
Only students who graduated from a master’s degree after 2015 will be considered.
The BEAT is a research institute established within the University of Barcelona in 2016, whose aim is to enhance the quality and societal impact of Economics research at the university.
The institute develops its activities along three thematic lines, namely Behavior, Markets and Games; Macroeconomics, Development and Trade; and Environment, Sustainability and Well-Being.
Deadline for applications: May 15th, 2019. More information HERE.
- Call for papers open for the Barcelona Workshop on Regional and Urban Economics and JRC Regional Modelling Workshop
- School of Economics researchers outline citizen perceptions of the EU project with Horizon 2020 partners across Europe
- UB School of Economics researchers Enric Tello and Ricard Soto awarded prize for best ‘Journal of Agrarian Change’ article
- School of Economics research warns Spanish pension system reform could have worsened pensioner’s economic position
- New research finds negative impact of temporary work liberalisation on earnings and employment in Spain
- UB School of Economics researchers recognised with Lluís Fina Prize and Luis Toharia Grant at 13th Labour Economics Meeting
- PhD graduate Valeria Bernardo awarded Funcas prize for best dissertation in social sciences
- Game Theory research explained simply and clearly at a new exhibition at the University of Barcelona
- UB School of Economics researcher Lluís Bermúdez awarded 12th Ferran Armengol i Tubau Prize