MSc in Economics student Ricard Grèbol Jiménez awarded Masters of Excellence scholarship from Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation
MSc in Economics student at the UB School of Economics Ricard Grèbol Jiménez has been awarded a Masters of Excellence scholarship from the Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation. These grants are aimed at students with excellent academic records who are enrolled on high-quality master’s degrees at Catalan universities. “This merit scholarship is a great help which allows me to focus on my studies and, at the same time, is an encouragement to keep working hard”, he said.
Being a graduate in Physics and Chemistry, Grèbol Jiménez explained that: “I decided to do the Msc in Economics of the University of Barcelona because I thought the two-year programme was the adequate for those students coming from other backgrounds and that were interested on research in economics”. With the Masters of Excellence scholarships, the Fundació Catalunya-La Pedrera wants to attract and retain the best talent, promote excellence and contribute to making Catalonia a world leader in excellent postgraduate studies.
The Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation granted the “Excellent Master’s Degree” status to the MSc in Economics at the UB School of Economics because it has a global reach, it is fully taught in English, faculty members are world renowned researchers and it is clearly research-oriented. “I still do not know what I will do after the programme but I am really interested on pursuing an academic career”, Grèbol Jiménez added.
- New research finds highways managed under Public-Private Partnership agreements are safer than public models
- The IEB invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 2020 Summer School in Urban Economics
- "Experimental and Behavioural Economics are fundamental for any professional economist"
- New research shows paid curbside parking increased neighborhood car-ownership levels in Barcelona
- Firms’ choice between technological cooperation and outsourcing should take regional context into account, research finds
- UB School of Economics researchers Enric Tello, Marc Badia-Miró awarded Ramon Garrabou Prize in Economic History
- UB School of Economics researcher Antonio Di Paolo awarded funding by La Caixa for socially-oriented research projects
- UB School of Economics to host conference on Population Economics in 2020
- Department of Economics hiring Associate or Assistant Professor in Energy and Environmental Economics