MSc in Economics student Ricard Grèbol Jiménez awarded Masters of Excellence scholarship from Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation
MSc in Economics student at the UB School of Economics Ricard Grèbol Jiménez has been awarded a Masters of Excellence scholarship from the Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation. These grants are aimed at students with excellent academic records who are enrolled on high-quality master’s degrees at Catalan universities. “This merit scholarship is a great help which allows me to focus on my studies and, at the same time, is an encouragement to keep working hard”, he said.
Being a graduate in Physics and Chemistry, Grèbol Jiménez explained that: “I decided to do the Msc in Economics of the University of Barcelona because I thought the two-year programme was the adequate for those students coming from other backgrounds and that were interested on research in economics”. With the Masters of Excellence scholarships, the Fundació Catalunya-La Pedrera wants to attract and retain the best talent, promote excellence and contribute to making Catalonia a world leader in excellent postgraduate studies.
The Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation granted the “Excellent Master’s Degree” status to the MSc in Economics at the UB School of Economics because it has a global reach, it is fully taught in English, faculty members are world renowned researchers and it is clearly research-oriented. “I still do not know what I will do after the programme but I am really interested on pursuing an academic career”, Grèbol Jiménez added.
- UB School of Economics to co-host conference on population economics in 2021
- New research shows that increase the safety is key to avoid elderly drivers accidents
- 8 researchers join the UB School of Economics in 2020
- Applications now open for the Master and PhD in Economics
- Two new three-year postdoctoral opportunities at the UB School of Economics
- Yolanda Blasco-Martel awarded the XVI Premi Catalunya d'Economia 2019
- A closer look at the MSc in Economics class of 2022
- New edition of the 'UB's science cafés'
- Job Market Candidates list for 2020/21 now available