The Centre d’Estudis Antoni de Capmany teams up with 16 institutions to launch a series of online seminars on macroeconomic history
The Centre d’Estudis Antoni de Capmany at the UB School of Economics has teamed up with 16 other institutions to launch a series of weekly online seminars on macroeconomic history, which will take place every Tuesday from 16:00 to 17:00 (CEST).
This initiative aims to keep the intellectual debate active during the COVID-19 pandemic which has led to university closures and cancellations of seminars, workshops and conferences.
The virtual format allows for more participants, spread across a wider geographical area than the conventional seminars with all its physical constraints. Also, co-ordinating a joint seminar series provides economies of scale in time use.
The consortium is composed of 17 institutions from 9 countries (Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Israel, Spain, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom).
The partner institutions are Banque de France, The Graduate Institute, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Judge Business School Cambridge, Kiel Institute for the World Economy, London School of Economics, NYU-Abu Dhabi, Paris School of Economics, Queen’s University Belfast, Sciences Po, Solvay Business School, Universitat de Barcelona, University Carlos III Madrid, University College London, University of Geneva, University of Vienna and Vienna University of Economics and Business.
The Europe-wide virtual seminar series includes the following activities:
- PhD in Economics: exceptional third round of admissions
- UB School of Economics researchers launch multiple initiatives to study the spread and socio-economic impact of COVID-19
- Get your admission to the UB School of Economics today and lay the foundation for your career in the post COVID-19 world
- The Centre d’Estudis Antoni de Capmany teams up with 16 institutions to launch a series of online seminars on macroeconomic history
- New research finds highways managed under Public-Private Partnership agreements are safer than public models
- The University of Barcelona suspends all face-to-face academic activities and closes buildings due to the COVID-19 health alert
- New research estimates losses from premature lung cancer deaths in Spain at €13.1 billion over a decade
- The Institutions and Political Economy Research Group is hiring senior and postdoctoral fellows for 2020/21
- The IEB invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 2020 Summer School in Urban Economics