The UB School of Economics welcomes a new cohort of Master and PhD students
The new students of the Master and PhD in Economics programmes have started the 2022-2023 academic year at the UB School of Economics. The entirety of our PhD students come from outside of Spain, comprising a total of nine different nationalities. In regard to the MSc students, 26% are from Spain and the remaining 74% have 15 different nationalities.
The diverse group of people that make up the master’s degree will now pursue a cutting-edge programme designed to train and educate young economists to undertake top research in Economics. This programme has been accredited with Excellence by the Universities Council and also achieved the Additional Dimension of Internationalisation with the maximum score of Quality-level Compliant. The new group of students graduated from world-class universities such as the University of Warwick, the Utrecht University and the Wuhan University of Science and Technology, among others.
Students enrolled in the PhD in Economics are taking part of a programme recently accredited with Excellence by the Catalan University Quality Assurance Agency (AQU), which acknowledges the quality and impact of the research carried out within the PhD framework. Our PhD students graduated with a Master’s degree from prestigious institutions such as University of Zurich, University of Bath, University of Edinburgh, and HEC Lausanne.
Additionally, nine Erasmus+ students will join the MSc in Economics class. These group of students come from University of Copenhagen, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Aix-Marseille University, University of Amsterdam, and University of Münster.
- 7 researchers join the UB School of Economics in 2022
- UB School of Economics to open applications for five postdoctoral researchers
- Three projects led by UB School of Economics researchers receive funding to contribute to the green and digital transition
- Job Market Candidates list for 2022/23 now available
- The UB School of Economics welcomes a new cohort of Master and PhD students
- Three researchers of the UB School of Economics are listed in the 2% of the world’s most influential scientists
- The PhD in Economics at the UB has been accredited with Excellence
- New edition of 'The UB in figures' with the highlights of the year 2021-2022
- Patients with developmental disabilities more likely to experience preventable physical injuries while in hospital according to Laia Maynou research