EWMES and SAEe 2021 at the University of Barcelona
The UB School of Economics has hosted last week two important events: The 2021 2021 European Winter Meetings of the Econometric Society (EWMES) and the Symposium of the Spanish Economic Association (SAEe). The first one, took place in online format from December 13th to 15th. There were 823 registrations and 327 accepted papers. The event counted with 109 contributed sessions and three keynote addresses from top class economists:
– Isaiah Andrews, Professor of Economics at Harvard University, Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), fellow of the Econometric Society, and a co-editor at the American Economic Review.
The Symposium took place in person by more than 250 registered participants from December 15th to 18th at the Faculty of Economics and Business and counted with 68 sessions, 200 presentations and three keynote speakers:
– Juan J. Dolado, Professor at the Dept. of Economics, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
During the whole week, we exchanged a lot of interesting scientific input and fruitful discussions with outstanding researchers from all over the world. A special thanks to the Organization committees and to the volunteers that made the events possible.
- EWMES and SAEe 2021 at the University of Barcelona
- Sergi Basco awarded with the 12th Premi Societat Catalana d’Economia
- Spain records one of the largest gaps in Europe between desired fertility and real fertility
- UB School of Economics to open applications for four Postdoctoral and one Assistant Professor positions
- 13 researchers join the UB School of Economics in 2021
- The UB School of Economics welcomes a new cohort of graduate students
- Job Market Candidates list for 2021/22 now available
- UB, the institution with most influential researchers affiliated
- New edition of 'The UB in figures' with the highlights of the year 2020/2021