UB School of Economics to co-host conference on population economics in 2021
The UB School of Economics and the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics will host the 34th Annual Conference of the European Society for Population Economics (ESPE), which will take place on June 17th-19th, 2021 by videoconference. The UB School of Economics researchers Antonio Di Paolo, Lídia Farré and Judit Vall together with the Pompeu Fabra University professor Libertad González constitute the local organising team.
The keynote speakers will be the Professor of Economics at Brown University Anna Aizer and the Professor in Economics at the University of Chicago Magne Mogstad. The presidential address will be given by the Professor in Labour Economics Norwegian School of Economics Kjell Salvanes. Finally, the Senior Vice President at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York Wilbert van der Klaauw will serve as the programme chair.
The ESPE welcomes the submission of papers for presentation at its 34th Annual Conference. Papers must be submitted online via Editorial Express. Each participant may present at most one paper but can co-author more than one paper in the programme. The submission deadline is February 1st, 2021.
Founded in 1986, the ESPE facilitates the communication and exchange of ideas between researchers from European and other countries around the globe. Equal emphasis is given to theoretical and applied research across a wide range of fields, all related to population economics. Research interests of members of the Society include: Education, Health, Labour market topics, Demographics, Income, Housing and household issues, Inter-generational mobility, Crime, Discrimination, Institutions and Policy evaluation.
More information HERE.
- The UB School of Economics hosts three major events in the field of economics simultaneously
- Five UB School of Economics PhD students awarded SEBAP mobility grants
- Elderly people have better mental well-being living in a rural environment
- The Catalan Society of Economics creates the blog 5centims.cat, promoted by our researcher Lídia Farré
- UB School of Economics at POLITICO'S EU Studies & Career Fair
- University of Barcelona ranked among world’s top 100 universities
- Researcher Ció Patxot to lead European project TRANSHIST
- Project on gender competition policy by researcher Joan Ramon Borrell selected by the OECD
- UB School of Economics to co-host conference on population economics in 2021