The Universitat de Barcelona Business School is the centre for research and postgraduate and executive education in business at the Faculty of Economics and Business of the University of Barcelona (UB).
Established in 1450, UB is the main public university in Catalonia, offering the widest and most complete range of subjects. Moreover, it is one of the largest research centres in Europe, both in terms of the research programmes offered and the level of excellence achieved in this field.
UB Business School was founded in 2014. It encompasses a long tradition of high-quality education and of excellence in its research activities at an international level. It prepares both professionals and researchers who are able to find solutions to current and future challenges from the various organisations.
The UB Business School is currently home to more than 130 students and 100 professionals and researchers involved in a number of research-oriented and professional programmes:
- The Executive MBA (EMBA) is a face-to-face programme taught over a single academic year, which provides professionals with a broad point of view in management, business managerial skills and techniques in the current competitive, increasingly changing and complex environment.
- The MSc in Business Research is a one-year programme designed to provide students with the methodology and technical skills to develop research focused on business competitiveness. The MSc in Business Research also provides the knowledge and skills to begin the preparation of a doctoral thesis.
- The MSc in International Business is an official one-year programme that aims to train specialists in global business management and covers the fields of finance and accounting, marketing, operations, human resources and strategic management.
- Our PhD in Business is a unique programme within the Catalan university system where students can develop high-level research activities in business and management. In this academic research-focused programme, PhD candidates are structurally monitored and supervised and are exposed to a rich training curriculum as well as to a wide offering of research seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Summer-School and Short Programmes enable participants to learn in a specific area from professionals and research leaders in the field.
The UB Business School aims to become an appealing window to the research and the academic activities developed at the Faculty of Economics and Business for the international academia, particularly in the following research areas: Strategy and Entrepreneurship, Technology and Operations Management, Accounting, Finance, Marketing and General Management.
The UB consistently ranks among the top 25 universities over 400 years old and is the only Spanish university among the 200 best universities in the world, according to the most prominent international rankings.
The UB is involved in various international university networks, including the Coimbra Group and the League of European Research Universities (LERU), in which the UB is the only Spanish institution.
UB Business School is mainly investing in internationalization by setting up a number of programmes that are offered entirely or partially in English, stimulating courses taught jointly with other foreign universities, increasing the mobility of faculty and PhD students to international research centres, and widening the international alumni network as well as international internship programmes.