The MSc in International Business offers students advanced knowledge of basic aspects on how to manage an international company in the fields of accounting, marketing, operations, human resources and strategic management.
The MSc in International Business is an official one-year programme taught in English. Its aim is to train specialists in global business management and covers the fields of finance and accounting, marketing, operations, human resources and strategic management.
Globalization of the economy is a tangible reality nowadays. Hence the need for companies to develop a strategy for internationalization in order to safeguard their competitiveness in global environments. In this sense the MSc in International Business arises from the need to train future managers in worldwide companies operating at an international level.
This programme contributes in a decisive way to a wider specialization for graduates in International Business, Management and Business Administration, and such like, who have acquired a more generalized training during their studies. The skills that students develop with this Master’s Degree are substantially those of an advanced post-graduate level. This training is complemented by applying these skills to the analysis and resolution of practical cases which might arise during their professional activity. The studies focus on a participatory methodology which addresses different situations that are at all times applicable to the reality of the company.
Once the programme is achieved the student will reach an academic level that will allow him or her a solid placement in their specific fields as general manager, marketing manager, operations manager, human resources manager or managing director in an international corporation.
The programme offers the chance to do an Erasmus+ Exchange during the second semester. Current opportunities include the following Erasmus agreements at world-class universities:
- – Copenhagen Business School
- – University of Amsterdam
- – Goethe University Frankfurt
- – Kyoto University
*International applicants interested in an Erasmus Exchange must apply before May 31st and provide all the required documentation before July 10th in order to formalize the enrolment during July.
The MSc in International Business is aimed at students interested professionally in the practical fields of an international company.
Candidates wishing to apply to this programme must meet the following requirements:
- An official degree in Business Management or related field (International Business, Business Administration and Management, Economics, Law and International Relations, as well as engineers). Students who have followed other official courses and have a wide working experience in business management will also be considered.
- Proof of proficiency in English. Candidates will have to prove at least a B2 Level or equivalent*. Applicants are exempt from documenting English certificate if they are native speakers or hold a university degree taught in an English speaking country.
Certificates issued more than two years ago will not be valid.
*Only the following officially recognized English Certificates will be accepted:
Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE)
Cambridge Linguaskill (level B2)
TOEFL iBT 72-94 (Codi C086)
The selection process is based on the following selection criteria:
1) A previous qualification in a field related to the master’s degree (50%). Holders of bachelor’s degrees in International Business, Business Administration and Management, related disciplines, and degrees with an international orientation shall be given priority.
2) Academic background of previous studies (40%). Previous training in business and international business will be reviewed. Candidates should demonstrate that they have a sufficient level of training to meet the requirements of the master’s degree subjects.
3) Professional experience in the area of international business management (5%). Credit is given for professional experience in fields related to the course subjects.
4) Letters of recommendation (5%) from former lecturers or people who have had a professional or academic relationship with the candidate.
The MSc in International Business offers students advanced knowledge of basic aspects on how to manage an international company.
The programme consists of 60 credits given throughout two semesters (an academic term), namely: 32.5 credits in compulsory subjects, 17.5 optional credits and 10 End-of-Term project credits. All compulsory-subject credits are given taking into account their core curriculum during the first semester. The optional courses are focused on specialization according to student’s own interests, and take place during the second semester, including the Master’s End-of-Term project.
Core Subjects (32.5 credits)
– Global Supply Chain Management
– Multinational Financial Management
– Multinational Accounting
– Legal Aspects of Global Business
– Global Marketing
– International Human Resource Management
– Corporate International Strategy
– Research Methods for International Business
Elective Subjects (17.5 credits)
Master Thesis (10 credits)
Academic year 2022-2023
The MSc in International Business brings together a diverse group of young recent graduates in Business Management or International Business. Our students come from a wide range of countries, cultures and backgrounds. In the past years, over 90% of them are international students. Besides, more than half of the typical cohort is women. This diversity in one of its greatest strengths of the master’s. Not only will you be surrounded by ambitious top talents from all over the world, but you will also study and enjoy life in Barcelona, a global and multicultural city open to everyone.
Get to know more our students HERE.
Students who complete this Master’s degree can find employment in a wide array of positions within the business sector.
The most usual jobs for students who complete the degree are posts of management, as well as specialized tasks in multinational companies, such as human resources, finances, foreign trade or international marketing.
Furthermore, the MSc in International Business trains students to find employment in public organizations and NGOs dealing with international cooperation.
Student’s fees for university master’s degrees are decreed on an annual basis by the Catalan government and Universitat de Barcelona.
Please find below the public fees that correspond to the academic year 2022-2023:
- – 1,660,20 euros (60 credits | 27,67 euros/credit) for students who currently reside in Spain or are EU, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, China or Andorra nationals.
- – 5.700 euros (60 credits | 95 euros/credit) for students who do not currently reside in Spain and are not EU, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, China or Andorra nationals.
You can find information about available scholarships at the Universitat de Barcelona’s website.
APPLICATION PERIOD FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2023-2024 OPEN
In order to present your application you will have to follow these steps:
Check that you meet the entry requirements for the MSc in International Business.
Complete the specific application form here, which will allow the academic committee to evaluate your candidacy.
Only applications with all the required documentation will be considered completed.
Academic Committee Resolutions
1st round | Applications received from January 18 to February 28, 2023. Resolutions by March 24, 2023
2nd round | Applications received from March 1 to April 17, 2023. Resolutions by May 12, 2023
If there are slots available after the two rounds of applications, a third round of applications will open.
International candidates interested in an Erasmus+ Exchange during the second semester, they should provide all the required documentation before June 15 and formalize the enrolment in July.
Pay the application fee for taught master’s degrees. Please note that you will have to indicate the degree you are applying for. Choose the option “Empresa Internacional / International Business”. After completing the form, you will have to pay the €30’21 application fee.
*Make sure you attach the required documents on the form before the round’s deadline:
– Bachelor Degree (if you have it)
– Transcript of Records (final or provisional version)
– ID / Passport
– Letter of motivation (1 page)*
– Online video pitch (maximum 2 minutes)**
*What should you include in your letter of motivation? Here you should include aspects like the description of your background, your motivation to pursue the MSc in International Business programme at the UB, your academic interests, your research and teaching experience and your professional goals, among others. Upload your letter of motivation in pdf format (size limit 3MB).
**Share the link of your video (YouTube). If you publish it on private mode, make sure we can visualize it. On the video, you should address the following topics:
– Presentation of the candidate and his/her academic and professional background
– Motivation to do the Master in International Business at the UB Business School
In case of being admitted, you must provide the following DOCUMENTS in order to get the final approval and formalize the enrolment. More information will be provided to admitted students.