UB_Economics_2144editedThe 2017/18 academic year has already started for MSc in Business Research students at the Universitat de Barcelona Business School. Once again, the master’s displays a wide diversity among the class group. There is no doubt this heterogeneity contributes to the success of this degree. Overall, 11 different countries are represented. Nationals make up 15% of all students, while the remaining 85% are international students from around the world. Europe, the Americas and Asia make up 30% each and Middle East/Africa account for 10%.

The average age of our students is 29 years. The same figures show that the percentage of female is 45% while the percentage of male students is 55%. As many as 80% of or 20 students have a bachelor or master’s degree in Business, Management, Finance or related field.

All of them are invited to a welcome session on Monday 2nd October 2017, hosted by the director of the MSc in Business Research, Paloma Miravitlles, and the director of the Career Services at the Faculty of Economics and Business, Raquel Villero.

This one-year programme will provide students with advanced training in the research skills, techniques and methodologies to conduct their own research in business. During the year, MSc in Business Research students will specialise in areas such as Strategy and Entrepreneurship, Technology and Operations Management, Accounting, Finance, Marketing and General Management. At the end of the degree, they can begin a career in research and policymaking in the public and private sectors, or request admission to the PhD in Business.

The Universitat de Barcelona Business School team hopes all MSc in Business Research students will make the best out of this academic year.