In order to facilitate research collaboration and strengthen relations with other universities, each year the Faculty of Law welcomes researchers from other research institutions. UB regulations provide for the following types of researchers:
- Visiting researchers: these are researchers invited by research groups, departments or research institutes, without the need for a formal agreement between institutions.
- Research trainees: these are doctoral students who are not registered at the UB and who are carrying out research as part of their doctoral thesis.
These researchers have access to the library and other services and resources of the Faculty and the University. They are also invited to attend events, conferences and seminars, and to interact with professors and students.
Obligations of the inviting party
An external collaborator application must be submitted to the director of the UB department and/or research centre. This application must include the motivation for the proposal, a brief curriculum vitae (only in the case of visiting researchers), justification of the benefits that the collaboration will bring to the University, the duration of the collaboration and certification that the person is registered in the Social Security or equivalent.
Access to UB Services
Depending on the duration of your stay, the following formalities will be necessary:
For a stay of less than 5 days, to obtain access to our electronic resources you must submit this form to the Faculty of Law Library, completed and signed by the inviting professor and the Vice-dean of Research and International Relations.
This form must be filled in, signed and sent to the Faculty Library to the email address of the person in charge of the CRAI (Yolanda Murua, firstname.lastname@example.org) one month before arrival.
For stays exceeding 5 days, you can apply for an identification number as external staff, which gives you access to the library’s electronic resources from any computer. It is advised to request this at least one month prior to your arrival in Barcelona.
- You must fill in this form
- Once the credentials have been gained, send an email to email@example.com requesting access to the electronic resources. Please indicate the final date of your stay in UB.
This can give you access to the following services:
- Consultation and loan in the UB libraries
- UB sports
- Catalan language courses: Welcome to the UB!
- Spanish language courses
With your UB credentials you will be able to access the SocUB app, where you will find all the transversal services: institutional email, the CRAI account and other useful information.
For further information on any of these matters, contact the Office of the Vice-dean of Research and International Relations (firstname.lastname@example.org).
3 European research projects
38 National research projects
26 Doctoral theses completed in 2020-2021
13 Consolidated research groups