«BECA DEL REED COLLEGE Y CIEE EN LOS ESTADOS UNIDOS PARA ESTUDIANTES DE ORIGEN PENINSULAR DE LA UNIVERSITAT DE BARCELONA (GRADO, MÁSTER O DOCTORADO)»
«BECA DEL REED COLLEGE Y CIEE EN LOS ESTADOS UNIDOS PARA ESTUDIANTES DE ORIGEN LATINOAMERICANO DE LA UNIVERSITAT DE BARCELONA (GRADO, MÁSTER O DOCTORADO)»
POSITION DESCRIPTION FOR THE SPANISH LANGUAGE SCHOLAR (PENINSULAR) AT REED COLLEGE FOR THE 2019-20 ACADEMIC YEAR
- Live in Casa Hispana on the Reed College campus. A single occupant room will provide
both office and living quarters.
- Promote the speaking of the Spanish language in Casa Hispana and across campus
- Cooperate with the student house advisor in all aspects of developing an environment
conducive to learning and mutual respect.
- Present seminars each semester for members of the campus community regarding
current educational, economic and cultural activities in the Spanish-speaking world.
- Conduct weekly discussion tables in the college food service for students interested in
the Spanish language and culture.
- Work with the Spanish Language and Literature department to assist students in
developing their language skills, especially in the areas of oral proficiency.
- Maintain liaison with government representatives to provide resource material for
- Develop, in association with student house advisor, residents of Casa Hispana and
faculty in academic department, activities that enhance understanding of Spanish/Latin
- In addition to the general duties described above, the Spanish Department
understands the following as primary tasks of the Spanish Language Scholar:
- Lead supplementary conversation groups for First and Second-Year students.
- Provide tutoring time of at least 2 hours per week in order to help students
with grammatical and other problems in the language.
- Work with majors in the Spanish Department concerning problems of style
and written expression.
- Perform selective grading and evaluation of students written work as assigned
by members of the Department.
2017-18 FUNDING FOR SPANISH FELLOW
Stipend $8,144.00 per year to be paid in bi-monthly installments*
Housing A single room in the Spanish House at Reed College
Board A comprehensive board plan will provide food in College food service
Tuition Full tuition per year for two courses/one per semester
Insurance A comprehensive policy will be provided
Computer Use of a college personal laptop computer and printer
Travel The cost of round-trip travel to and from the United States.
- Increased cost of living will be applied prior to beginning of 19-20 Academic Year
January 20th to February 20th 2019
The application must include
Curriculum Vitae (in Spanish or English)
Letter of interest (in English)
2 Recommendation Letters (in Spanish or English)
The application must be sent* or delivered to/at:
Prof. Alberto del Río Malo
*By e-mail (preferred) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by postal service at:
Passatge Permanyer, 10